Bios written by Lori Bonazzoli
Lori Bonazzoli, Teacher/Owner
Poetry in motion. Lori embodies a pose from within and then, in a very unique way, translates that to her students, guiding them on a journey to an unknown place. From the moment Lori steps into a class you are acutely aware that this is going to be something special.
- 500+ hours Bikram Yoga TT
- 200 hour Conquering Lion YTT
- Workshops & certifications – Rolf Gate, Baron Baptiste & Rodney Yee
- Assisted Kelly Morris in CLY Teacher Training
- Practicing – 19 years | Teaching – 12 years
- Interesting Fact: Lori is a slam poet and loves to read and write poetry.
Wanna learn more about Lori? Read an interview with Balanced's studio manager in "Lori Unwrapped"
The doctor is in! Tobie’s teachings are inspiring and grounded in the technicality of the body. Clinically and yogically, Tobie will bring you on a bodily exploration. If you're curious how yoga sequences soothe and restore the nervous system she'll crack the whip and teach you how the hip bones connected to the thigh bone bone...! And so much more.
- 200 hour ERYT
- Masters in clinical nutrition
- Masters in Massage Therapy
- Workshops and certifications from Rodney Yee, Seane Corn, Rolf Gates, Baron Baptiste and Stephen Cope.
- Practicing – 11 years | Teaching- 8 years
- Fun Fact: Tobie has attended over 100 Phish shows.
Actual and factual. Every single step you take is sequenced towards every single shape you make with your body. You truly are working in the name of sweaty passionate love in all of her classes…and she will totally drop a cold lavender towel in your hand to promote the yummiest savasana EVER.
- 200 hour Teacher Training in the lineage of Parayoga
- 100 hour advanced training – Laughing Lotus
- 100 hour advanced training – Elena Brower
- Practicing - 12 years | Teaching – 5 years
- Interesting Fact: Verred speaks fluent Hebrew
Built Tough. With the voice of an angel and the strength of an army, Rebecca is like your own personal Yoga Compass guiding you the whole way. Warning: do not be fooled by her small stature and soft voice. You will walk out of a Rebecca class dripping with sweat wondering where the hour went.
- 200 hour E-RYT – Lotus Gardens with Lara Ward
- 300 hour YTT - Cross Roads Yoga School
- 500 hour E-RYT – SoulSpace
- Certified in: Group Fitness Instructor, ACE Children’s Yoga, Mindful Resilience, Veteran’s Yoga Project
- Continuing Education with Kathryn Budig and Kino MacGregor
- Continuing Education – Studying yoga for PTSD and other trauma
- Practicing – 7 years | Teaching – 5 years
- Fun Fact: Rebecca served in the US Army
Body and breath. Deep breaths enduring and surrendering. By way of the breath, humble yet strong, Jesse the "gentle giant" will get you in the mood to move, to get quiet, and to get real.
- 200 hour YTT – Paula Tursi – Nosara Costa Rica
- 200 hour YTT – Jared McCann – Brooklyn NY
- Continuing education with Les Leventhal, Mary Jarvis
- Practicing – 3 years | Teaching – 2 years
- Fun Fact: Jesse meditates 2-3 hours per day
Grit & wit. Tara is a true embodiment of the goddess of yoga. She maximizes the foundational postural stuff but keeps it simple (and by no means does that mean “easy”) yet she engages your mind and spirit. Bringing grit and wit to each class she will invite you to question your comfort zone each and every time.
- 200 hour YTT – Kripalu School of Yoga
- Practicing – 20 years | Teaching – 5 years
- Fun Fact: Off the mat, Tara is an Attorney and an Argentine Tango dancer.
Calm, cool, committed & comical. Meg is the bright light that you'll catch during Early Riser classes. She happily was the worktrader for a year and one day I had a hunch to see if she wanted to teach those classes! and she was all in.
- 200 hour RYT – Laughing Lotus, NYC
- Studied Buddhist Vipassana Meditation
- Practicing - 8 years | Teaching - 2 years
- Fun Fact: Meg is a professional photographer
My little long lost sister from another mister, we could be from the same family! Lisa’s focus while she practices Yoga asana truly stands out. A way to say it is, she just doesn't flinch. She holds the same soft expression, no matter what posture she's in and she is offering her absolute highest in every single pose. She is also our resident DJ. Lisa Lis' rolls up wit fat playlists when Jesse can't figure out how to work his phone.
200 hour YTT – ISHAT Yoga, New York, NY
Practicing – 5 years | Teaching – 2 years
Fun Fact: Lisa is studying to be a physical therapist
Kai has been cultivating world peace since the ripe young age of 11. Her mother spearheaded the TM program in New Haven. Not only will Kai drop some Dharma on you at the beginning of every class she’s also a killer plant based chef and makes the BEST raw chocolate avocado mousse in town!
the king of play, with the best voice EVER!
Kingston is an advocate for the liberation of all bodies.. he is a breath of fresh air. You’ll feel it through his inspired, creative sequencing and the way he energetically designs the safest space for you to refresh and center your body mind and soul in.
The song bird!
Kirsten will take you to your healthy edge with fierce attention to alignment. Using the practice to inform greater self awareness and equanimity moving away from habitual reactive states towards integration, intention and grace. After well-rounded ringing out Kirsten will serenade you with a sweet Savasana lullaby, melting you into a well earned restful state.
Sarah is a yogi, exercise physiologist, spiritual seeker, runner and personal trainer. She is grateful for the practice of yoga as a way to understand her body and life more fully. After being challenged with injury throughout her high school and college running career, and subsequently depression for much of her 20s, she began to explore sustainable options for injury prevention and rehabilitation in body and mind. Sarah developed both stretching and strengthening routines to keep her running injury free, alongside spiritual disciplines and practices to welcome the light back into her life.
Through these practices of mindfulness and increased body awareness, she is on the continual path of healing her body and living a fuller, more joy-filled life. Sarah is passionate about empowering others to connect with and find peace, power, endless possibility and joy in their own bodies and minds.
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon.